The Swiss Red Cross (SRC) is part of the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement, the world's largest independent humanitarian organization. The movement has three parts: the National Societies, the International Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
Since 2010 the SRC is supporting the Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS). The main focus of the programme is on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and on Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR). The oveall programme includes emergency interventions as well as capacity building and organisational development components. For the programme in Ethiopia we are looking for a
Country Coordinator (m/f)
to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with frequent travel to remote project areas
Roles and responsibilities:
- Overseeing the implementation of the SRC country programme implemented through the Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS)
- Managing and administering the office of SRC at the ERCS Head Quarters in Addis Ababa
- Act as resource person and provide technical support and capacity building to the ERCS
- Facilitate professional and timely planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the programme (with focus on community based WASH and DRR)
Ensure transparent financial management of the programme, including budget control, financial reporting and facilitation of internal controls and audits.
- Expertise in development cooperation with specialization in community based DRR, WASH, Community Health, or related technical fields
- Minimum of 5 years international working experience as coordinator
- Demonstrated skills in financial administration and management
- Diplomacy, sensitivity to cultural differences and adaptability to a challenging work environment
- Strong empathic attitude to understand partners and work towards sustainability in their context
- Work experience within the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement including capacity building and organizational development an asset
- Proficiency in English (working language).
What we offer
12 months with the option of extension, starting from 1 April 2017 or as per agreement. Adequate salary, social insurances, travel and accommodation expenses provided.