We are a non-profit development organisation operating worldwide. We promote the development of the private sector and its business membership organisations as well as qualification of skilled employees and managers. Our programmes and projects are both publicly and privately funded and are oriented at the principles of a social market economy. During the past 25 years we have performed more than 1,000 projects in more than 100 countries.
To fill a vacancy of a project-based assignment we are searching a qualified
Key Expert 1: Team Leader (m/f)
Location: Dushanbe/Tajikistan with regular travel to regions in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan
Assignment Period: 01.03.2017 - 29.02.2020
Project: Networking Intermediaries and Competitive Enterprises in Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan (NICE-TAK)
sequa has recently been awarded a grant project under the EU Central Asia Invest IV Programme. Therefore, we are searching for a suitable Team Leader (m/f) for the respective Project proposal. The Team Leader will be supported by a full-time Key Expert on MSME Development and Handicraft, a local support team and a pool of international, regional and local experts.
The specific objectives of this Project are to
- enable Business Intermediary Organisations (BIOs) to represent the interests of the MSME sector vis-à-vis governments and influence policies in their favour (macro/policy-level)
- reinforce the competencies of BIOs to support and offer demand-driven services to MSMEs (meso/BIO-level)
- increase SME competitiveness on the domestic and international markets (micro/MSME-level).
Throughout the implementation of the Project the Technical Assistance Team (TAT) will coordinate and conduct activities with BIOs in the area of managerial and technical capacity building, MSME service development and public-private dialogue. The Project will be implemented jointly with various local and international business intermediary organisations (Partners).
- To coordinate the overall management and implementation of the Project
- To be the main contact person for all communication with the relevant institutions/actors including the beneficiaries, partners and sequa
- To draft reports for the European Commission
- To be responsible for management of the TAT members and allocation of duties among experts and Partners for the efficiency and success of the operation
- To draft Terms of Reference for non-key expert assignments
- To develop work plans, annual budgets and implementation schedules for the implementation of the Project jointly with the Partners
- To ensure continuous monitoring of Project implementation and budget of the Partners
- To ensure timely submission of all Project outputs as required
- To ensure implementation of controlling procedures
Your Qualification and Skills
- University degree in one of the fields of administrative sciences, economics, education, social sciences or in the absence of such a degree at least 15 years of working experience in either business management or public administration
- Excellent command of written and spoken Russian and English
- Full computer literacy
- Post graduate degree in business management or human resources management will be an asset.
Your Working Experience
- Preferably 10 but a minimum of 7 years of working experience in at least one of the fields MSME development or capacity building of business intermediary organisations is required
- Preferably 4 but a minimum 2 years of working experience as team leader in Projects funded by the European Commission
- Experience in at least one but preferably in three EC funded Projects in Central Asia or EaP countries
- Experience in at least two institution building / capacity development Projects involving chambers or business associations as main beneficiaries
- Working experience with EC grant projects will be an asset
Please send us your application by no later than January 30, 2017.
For more information please contact:
Please use the CV-format as requested by the European Commission.
The CV template can be downloaded from our website.