Embassy of the Republic of Korea
Godesberger Allee 142-148
Posting Title: Energy Consultant
Deadline: Open until filled
Institution: Embassy of the Republic of Korea, Bonn Office
The Bonn Office of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea is seeking an Energy Consultant to support its engagement with Bonn-based United Nations organizations, other international organizations, local, state, and federal government agencies, institutions, universities, and businesses in the fields of renewable energy, environment, and climate change.
- Prepare a 1.5-page weekly newsletter on important developments in the fields of energy, environment, and climate change;
- Organize the second round of the “Global Renewable Energy Forum 2017”, which will take place as a special event during the COP23 Climate Summit in Bonn in close cooperation with the UNFCCC, IRENA and other development-oriented organizations;
- Liaise with relevant organizations and agencies to identify possible areas of cooperation in the fields of energy, environment, and climate change;
- Conduct periodic field trips with a special focus on the areas of renewable and conventional energy as well as nuclear safety;
- Contribute to meetings with relevant organizations and agencies, i.e. by scheduling meetings, drafting facts sheets and background papers, taking minutes at the meetings, and drafting reports;
- Escort delegations from the Republic of Korea and facilitate bilateral cooperation;
- Prepare short papers on energy, environment, and climate change topics;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in renewable energy, energy security, environment, climate change, sustainable development, or a related field is required;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, including in a government agency, international organization, NGO, or academic institution in the fields of energy, environment, and/or climate change is required;
- Advanced knowledge of current issues in the fields of renewable energy, environment, and climate change is required;
- Basic knowledge of relevant organizations and agencies is desirable;
- Basic knowledge in international relations is desirable;
- Advanced analytical and research skills are required;
- Experience in a multi-cultural working environment is required;
- As the working languages of the Bonn Office are English, German, and Korean, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German are required;
- Ability to work under stress conditions is required;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office are required;
- Proven ability to work on own initiative is required;
- Proven ability to work effectively and cooperatively as part of an international team is required;
- Ability to keep strict standards of confidentiality is required;
- Showing commitment to the Bonn Office and presenting a positive image of the Bonn Office as part of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) during external meetings and discussions.
- 45,000 € (annually gross salary).
- One year with the possibility of extension.
- Monday-Friday, 09:00 to 17:00 hrs.