Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is an international development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history. We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies, and to securing their right for a brighter future. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure the youth of today are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives. With our headquarters in Hannover, Germany, DSW maintains four country offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, as well as liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels.
For more information, please see www.dsw.org
DSW seeks to recruit an
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer based in Berlin, Germany.
DSW is looking to recruit a dynamic and committed We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced self-starter to work on coordinating and developing the monitoring and evaluation needs in the area of Women’s Rights in east Africa. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to initiate and create a real difference in this important area.
Areas of responsibility for the position include
- Under the supervision of the International Team Manager (ITM) Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), develop and coordinate a monitoring and evaluation plan to manage the process of assessing and reporting progress towards the achievement of project outcomes and impact.
- Work with partners and DSW staff towards the successful development and implementation of an M&E system, including establishing data collection tools (baseline surveys, capacity and performance assessments), supervising regular data collection and ensuring quality of data by random verifications and validations.
- Set up and manage M&E data in a web-based monitoring and reporting database, provide in-depth analysis of findings and prepare regular donor and management reports.
- Provide continuous technical support on M&E and guide the development and implementation of capacity building and training activities aimed at partners and DSW staff.
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluating, advocacy and communications projects.
- Demonstrated experience in all M&E aspects of the project cycle, including development of results frameworks, field data collection (surveys, capacity and performance assessments), data analysis, report writing and M&E related trainings.
- Experience in managing and working with external M&E experts is highly desired.
- Experience in using data management software, SPSS or STATA and/or any other data analytical software skills is highly desired.
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification in social science, economics, development field, statistics, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring and evaluation role or in research positions.
- Fluent in English (oral and written), with strong proficiency in German. Command of another European language, especially French, considered an asset.
- Experience working in the development area, and willingness to travel to Africa.
- A pleasant working atmosphere within a dynamic department
- A competitive salary
- Deadline for application: February 5, 2017
- Contract duration: 3 Years
- Ideal start date: April 1, 2017
We look forward to receiving your application! DSW is an equal opportunity employer.