Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is an international development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history. We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies, and to securing their right for a brighter future. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure the youth of today are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives. With our headquarters in Hannover, Germany, DSW maintains four country offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, as well as liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels.
For more information, please see: www.dsw.org
DSW seeks to recruit a
Communications Officer based in Berlin, Germany.
DSW is looking to recruit a dynamic and committed We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced self-starter to work on developing the communication needs of a new project exploring the area of women’s rights in east Africa. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to initiate and create a real difference within this important area.
Areas of Responsibility for the position include:
- Collaborate with project stakeholders towards developing and coordinating a key communications strategy and work plan.
- Develop and implement the project brand.
- Develop and coordinate the project’s website and create synergies with all communications, social media, and new media channels associated with the project.
- Production and quality control of communications materials, products, reports, and toolkits.
- Oversee and contribute to online/offline content development.
- Measure and evaluate communications impact and progress for this project.
- Demonstrated experience developing/coordinating communications strategies and implementing multi-stakeholder communications activities.
- Solid experience in the communication/publication development process (incl. design, storytelling, print/online products), website development and management, brand knowledge, and evidence of a digital first mind-set.
- Successful experience in content marketing, social media, and communications via the creation and editing of digital content and communications products.
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification in Communications, International Relations, Journalism, Political Science, or in another relevant field.
- At least three years’ experience working in communications within an international
- Exceptionally strong writing and copy editing skills in English (native level).
- Flair for design, knowledgeable of video production, and CMS for website editing.
- Experience in working in the development area, and willingness to travel to Africa.
- Native-level English speaker, with a strong proficiency in German. Command of another European language, especially French, considered an asset.
- A pleasant working atmosphere within a dynamic department
- A competitive salary
- Deadline for application: February 5, 2017
- Contract duration: Three Years
- Ideal start date: April 3, 2017.
We look forward to receiving your application! DSW is an equal opportunity employer.