Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Financial Advisory Unit (m/f)
The position is to be filled latest in July 2017, with an initial contract duration until September 30, 2018. It is set up as a temporary replacement during maternity and parental leave. The place of work will be Bonn, Germany.
The objective of the position is the leadership of the Financial Advisory Unit by ensuring high level quality in financial management procedures through staff qualification.
- Management and strategic orientation of the “Financial Advisory Unit"
- Technical and disciplinary management of unit employees
- Continually supporting and encouraging the further development of staff in the unit
- Ensuring the qualification of staff to respond to financial administrative questions through training, induction and support of the unit
- Ensuring (further) development of financial management concepts, methods and guidelines to achieve the organisational goals as well as training and consultancy for the country offices
- Ensuring the development and adaptation of software component(s) for financial administrative project management
- Coordination of personnel support for Country Offices at local work peaks
- Ensuring own funds management for the whole Programmes Department
- Networking and collaborate with other HQ units on strategic issues, in order to improve the overall performance of the organisation
- A relevant university or polytechnic degree
- At least five years of professional management experience in the context of Financial Management
- Analytic thought, the capability to make out patterns and the ability to fully understand complex contexts and to concentrate them into their essential drivers
- Leadership skills and proven success in leading, managing and guiding
- An ability to think and act in a cross-departmental way and to network your own team within the organisation, creating synergies with other departments
- A team player skilled in diplomacy
- You come across as convincing and likeable, and you are able to represent others
- Excellent English and German; a good knowledge of French is desirable
- Willingness to go on duty trips on short notice in Germany and abroad
- Humor, “a life beyond work” and proven passion for social topics
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.