GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries and has continuously expanded the scope of its work which currently includes eleven strategic business areas.
Within the strategic business area of Governance, we concentrate on consultancy services related to Justice/Rule of Law, Security, Public Administration Reform, Decentralisation, as well as Promotion of Civil Society.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f) to join our Governance Team within the EMENA Department
Based on a dynamic market development in the EMENA region, the consultant will be engaged in strategic business area development, networking and concept development, aside from project management functions. The duty station will be Hamburg with frequent travel to European, Middle East and Northern African countries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Business development in the field of Governance, with a focus on Public Administration Reform and/or Rule of Law;
- Leading the acquisition process of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals;
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts;
- Fully responsible management of and quality assurance in projects and studies (backstopping), on-site and Hamburg-based;
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions, including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies;
- Writing of reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management, including GFA publications;
- Representation of GFA in conferences and seminars;
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Young-Professionals.
- University Degree (Master) in law, public administration or other related area; practical legal training (Rechtsrefendariat) is an advantage;
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in the context of development cooperation and legal development preferably related to Rule of Law and/or Public Administration Reform, preferably in EU-Enlargement and EU-Neighbourhood countries;
- Professional knowledge of concepts and policies of RoL and/or PAR;
- Hands-on experience in RoL and/or PAR projects through long or short term assignments;
- Familiarity with the German and European development sector and a well-founded understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies would be an asset;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English is a prerequisite – proficiency in German is highly appreciated; fluency in French and good knowledge of one of the languages of the regions would be an advantage;
- Team player with excellent networking skills, able to work with people with different nationalities and backgrounds;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism.
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural environment with a strong focus on values and the joint aim to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
The contract will be a 2 year term contract with the option for permanent employment.
Starting date is as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email ( EMN-DEU17GFA0099) until 23.05.2017 to:
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Tel.: (49) 40 603 06 – 225
Fax: (49) 40 603 06 - 129