Junior Consultant (m/f) Education and Employment Promotion
GOPA Consultants works worldwide as an independent consulting firm on behalf of private industry and national and international institutions. We offer services in the fields of economic development and governance, education, statistics and rural development and environment. With an annual turnover of EUR 70 million, we are one of the leading European consulting firms in the field of International Development Cooperation with developing and transition economies.
We are currently looking for a Junior Consultant Education and Employment Promotion (m/f).
Place of work is our headquarters in Bad Homburg (near Frankfurt), Germany.
As Junior Consultant you will support both the acquisition of new projects and the implementation and backstopping of on-going projects in the fields of education and employment promotion. With gaining more experience, you will take over more responsibilities and finally manage projects both in the acquisition and implementation phase independently. Besides the work in our headquarters, you will travel abroad regularly for fact finding and backstopping missions.
Your tasks in detail are:
- Participate in the early development of project acquisition strategies
- Assist in the acquisition process, including preparation of Expressions of Interest and technical proposals, staff recruitment and fee negotiations, identification of consortium partners, support to the preparation of financial proposals
- Organise and lead fact-finding missions to the recipient countries
- Support the technical and financial monitoring/management (backstopping) of on-going projects, including coordination and monitoring of the project activities on site, monitoring of the project progress, ensuring the compliance with formal specifications and procedures, supervision and management of project staff and resources, preparation/finalisation of project reports
- Organise and lead backstopping missions
- Consult continuously with clients, project partners and consortium partners
- Academic degree (Master), preferably in the field of social sciences
- First professional experience in the field of Development Cooperation, ideally in the consultancy sector or with national or international donor agencies
- First experience abroad, preferably in developing countries
- Fluency (written and spoken) in German, English and Spanish or French
- Sound user knowledge of MS Office package
- A challenging and varied job in a motivated team
- An international work environment
- Short communication and decision-making processes combined with a considerable scope of action
For more information on our company and the Education and Employment Promotion Department please visit our website www.gopa.de.If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please send our application (cover letter, CV, references/certificates) to
Ms Natascha Lehnert
Phone : + 49 6172 930 475