Job location: Maiduguri, Borno State, NE Nigeria
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 2nd of June 2017
Duration position: Initially 6 months, probable extension to 3 years (dependant on funding)
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is an international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn ZOA operates in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager General Affairs Nigeria (f/m)
for ZOA’s Programme in North East Nigeria
ZOA Nigeria is looking for a temporary Manager General Affairs to develop the office support systems for projects providing humanitarian assistance to the victims of the Boko Haram Insurgency. You are responsible for development and implementation of effective and efficient management and control processes and the development of local staff so that they take ownership of these processes. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics, Procurement and IT.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
The MGA is a member of the Country Management Team and gives leadership to the local support staff. The MGA has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Monitoring of and support to program organisations on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Supervise staff recruitment processes;
- Ensures gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Contribute to revision of the Disaster Response Plan (DROP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Development of monthly and quarterly financial management information at project and country level;
- Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations.
- Manage availability, continuity and security of appropriate IR facilities;
- Implementation of logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework.
Compliance & Capacity building
- Ensuring compliance of ZOA SOP’s in field offices and, as applicable, implementing partners;
- Capacity building of ZOA staff and implementing partners regarding admin, HR, Finance, etc.
- Ensure procurement procedures are consistent with ZOA procurement policy and government requirements
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Bachelor degree in business or financial management or HR;
- Finance practices
- HR practices;
- Command of English is essential;
- Experience in general management.
Skills & Attitude
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Coaching and development of staff
- This is not a family or accompanied post
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for these post
- Accommodation in ZOA guest house in Maiduguri
- Regular in-country R&R
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website:
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.