The Bildungswerk der Bayerischen Wirtschaft (bbw) gGmbH was founded in 1969 by the associations of the Bavarian economy.
Since more than 40 years we are offering industry -specific services for the Bavarian economy. In the meanwhile the bbw-group possesses a network of 18 educational and consulting companies and is active in almost all German regions. Our focus lies on the delivery of training processes of individuals and companies as well as related consulting. Amongst other we offer services in the business fields of further and advanced training, consulting and process support, human resource and organisational development as well as vocational schools and technical colleges.
In addition to its national activities, the bbw Group is also internationally represented with branches in China, Iran, Poland and the Czech Republic. For more than 17 years, the bbw Group has gained experience in the framework of projects with BMOs financed by the German Ministry of Development and Cooperation as well as EU-funded projects with facilities in China, Mozambique, Mexico, Brazil, Central America, Pakistan, Bangladesh, East Timor, Kenya and numerous other countries. As a subsidiary of the bbw e.V., the "Bildungswerk der Bayerischen Wirtschaft" (bbw) gGmbH has been active for a number of years in international education projects aiming at the improvement of vocational educational structures in the partner country.
CEFE International (CI) was founded as private enterprise when GIZ (German International Development Cooperation) outsourced it in 2008. Since that time, its owners have maintained its basic mission namely the enhancement of entrepreneurial competence in people. CI takes on challenges related to economic, rural and preventive peace development; professional education; private sector promotion; public sector reform; financial management and economic policy.
The Competency based Economies through Formation of Entrepreneurs (CEFE) by itself is one of the most successful methods of teaching business development. It represents an accumulation of instruments for entrepreneurship training combined with an active and dynamic approach and methods of empirical learning in order to develop and improve managerial and individual skills. To promote entrepreneurship, CI is facilitating the global network of CEFE advisors worldwide and has partners in 41 countries, such as Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Chile, Peru, Thailand, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka.
The bbw Group and CEFE international are looking for an International long term expert vocational training and labour market (team leader) in Albania:
The objective of the consultancy is as follows:
- Support of the selection process of five VTCs as main partner for the implementation of short-term training, based on an existing analysis of the local employment situation/ potential involvement of enterprises and in close coordination with the AV
- Updating existing skills needs analyses of private sector needs in the respective region/ municipality of the five selected VTCs in close cooperation with relevant labour market representatives
- Updating of existing and, where necessary, development of new target group specific and labour market oriented trainings based on the above mentioned skills needs analyses
- Support for training implementation at five VTCs for at least 3.200 participants in addition to the regularly enrolled participants at the VTCs
- Development and Implementation of a system of private sector involvement in VET (with a specific focus on the five VTCs)
- Individual grants for disadvantaged youth of minorities for participation at training courses for 300 young people at the 5 VTCs and private training providers (Don Bosco, Neranxi etc.)
- Support of local stakeholders (job center and/ or VTC) in developing and implementing of target group specific school-to-work transition instruments close cooperation with private sector
- Facilitation of knowledge management and networks
The services will contribute to the fulfilment of the relevant indicators that GIZ is commissioned for (see description above). The staff members of the Firm of Consultants will contribute to the M&E of the project by providing the data generated under their project and also by participating in the Public relations work of the GIZ project.
Keys tasks of the international long-term expert include:
- Development (quality and quantity) of labour market oriented short term qualifications as well as on systematic private sector involvement in VET
- Identification of skills needs, review and development of (re-)training and skills development measures
- Active labour market policies/ instruments (including awareness campaigns) in conjunction with the PR and policy work of the project
- Private sector involvement in vocational training in close coordination with the private sector activities
- Implementing the German contribution in the partner country with regard to VTC related activities
- Participating actively in management team of the project (heads of areas of actions) and steering the team
- Responsibility for carrying out checks on the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the officer responsible for the commission
- Preparation and conclusion of financing agreements or local subsidies with VTCs
- Coordinating stages of the project with key stakeholders and ensuring transparency for the partner
- Identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, planning and steering the assignments, and supporting the local and international short-term experts
- Coordinating the organisation/running of training measures and the 5 liaison officers at the VTCs
- Ensuring a monitoring and evaluation system is in place in line with the project’s overall system
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in preparing and adapting the plan of operations
- Planning and supporting project-related research
- Securing contacts with other donors and the German Embassy in accordance with the officer responsible for the commission
Qualifications of experts required:
- Relevant academic background (social sciences, economics, educational science)
- At least 10 years working experience in the following areas: skills development, TVET, active labour market policies and instruments
- Experience in capacity development in the area of qualification and active labour market policies/instruments (specifically for public and private training providers, chambers and sector associations, and public employment institutions)
- Experience in framework conditions for private sector developmend and private sector involvement in VET
- Long-term working experiences in the Balkan region
- Project management in international projects (personnel, finances, other resources)
- Proficiency in English and German (C 1 level)