GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Consultant (m/f) for Natural Resources Management/ Forestry in our Asia Department
GFA Consulting Group is one of the leading German consulting companies within the framework of international development cooperation. Our core business is providing consulting services as well as managing projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Since 1982, GFA has been active in more than 130 countries. Over the years, the company has continuously expanded the scope of its work which currently includes ten strategic business areas.
In our strategic business area Natural Resources Management, “NRM”, we concentrate on consultancy services related to sustainable forest management, biodiversity conservation management of protected areas, climate change adaptation/mitigation, and environmental services good governance in the environment sector.
For our head office in Hamburg/Germany, we are currently looking for an open-minded and versatile Consultant (m/f)) to join our team in the Asia Department who will contribute towards achieving the company’s objectives.
The successful candidate will participate in GFA’s introductory programme for professionals and will become responsible for project management, acquisition and strategic business development in the technical field of Natural Resources Management. In particular he/she shall be working on Sustainable Forest Management, Climate Change and Forestry and related fields within the NRM Portfolio of GFA’s Asia Department.
The duty station will be Hamburg, with regular travels to Asia.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Strategic/ business development in the field of natural resources management in general and forest management in particular, and providing inputs to the technical competence of the department;
- Project Management (identification, fact-finding, preparation of tenders, implementation management/financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies);
- Conducting technical short-term consultancy missions including participation in feasibility and project preparatory studies with focus on forest management and environmental governance;
- Writing reports, concepts and presentations as well as contributing to knowledge and quality management; including GFA presentations.
- Extending and maintaining GFA’s network to relevant clients, partners ad experts in the sector
- Principal willingness to carry out short and long-term assignments in development projects in Asia or other regions is a prerequisite;
- Representing GFA at conferences and seminars.
- Supporting on-the-job-training of our Young-Professionals.
Qualifications and requirements:
- University degree (Msc. Eng.) in Forestry / Environmental Sciences / or related topics
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the context of development cooperation, related to natural resources management;
- Field experience in forestry projects, through long- or short-term assignments, preferably in Asia;
- Familiarity with concepts and policies of NRM in the field of forest management, environment and nature conservation,protected area management, environmental governance, Payment for Environmental Services (PES) and others
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and German;
- Donor experience with the German and European development sector and a good understanding of the strategies and programmes of the relevant donor agencies (KfW, GIZ, EU) would be suitable;
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad;
- Intercultural competence
GFA offers a future-oriented work place in a multicultural team with a strong orientation on values and the joint aim to provide the best solutions for our clients and partners in the developing world.
Interested candidates should send their complete application (cover letter, CV, work references / certificates) by email to:
Ms Heike Mainusch
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Job Code: ASI-DEU17GFA0000
Starting date: starting as soon as possible
Application deadline: 11.06.2017