We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world by promoting sustainable development to achieve the SDGs and leveraging opportunities for digital innovation. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have implemented projects in more than 130 countries and have continuously expanded our service offerings, which currently include ten technical business areas and corresponding departments.
The Digital Innovation Cluster supports GFA’s technical departments with the introduction and implementation of digital innovations in our consulting services. It includes a data team that specializes in data collection, management, analytics and visualization and develops data-driven solutions.
Join our team in our Digital Innovation Cluster as an open-minded geospatial data analyst (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide improve living conditions worldwide.
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation; finding solutions to global challenges through our projects and diverse team of employees from all over the world. In this context, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-orientated company policy facilitate a healthy work-life balance. GFA’s offices are surrounded by nature, despite being easily and quickly accessible from central Hamburg. To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to provide opportunities for exchange.
Jointly with colleagues from the digital innovation cluster and the data team, you are exploring additional potentials for using geospatial data in GFA’s existing work and future opportunities ahead. We intend to focus on open data and its combination with other private and public data from official statistics, surveys, digital devices, etc. We are also constantly developing the business case for the identified potentials further.
Consequently, your work may include:
- Cooperating with colleagues from technical departments within GFA to generate new ideas for digital and data-driven solutions
- Contributing actively to the further development of data-driven solutions in GFA
- Networking with donor agencies, beneficiaries, partner institutions, subcontractors and experts
- Acquiring new projects, including elaboration of technical and financial proposals in the field of geospatial data
- Supporting the management of ongoing projects and studies that develop, pilot, implement or scale solutions based on geospatial data
- Conducting consultancy missions
- Elaborating reports, concepts and presentations and thereby contributing to knowledge management and representing GFA in conferences and seminars.
Your profile ideally has most of the following:
- University degree (e.g. Master) in a relevant area, such as geography, geoinformatics, statistics, (spatial) data science, computer science or another degree with a quantitative focus
- Advanced knowledge of geospatial data acquisition and processing, including the relevant tools such as Google earth engine, QGIS/ArcGIS, etc., preferably from different sub-sectors (e.g. land use change detection, climate or agriculture and urban development)
- Good knowledge of Python would be preferred
- Experience with geospatial machine learning would be great
- Experience with development tools, workflows and platforms (e.g. Git, Jira, docker, VMs etc)
- Relevant experience in the context of development cooperation is an asset, preferably related to the assessment and interpretation of data in this context
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English, working knowledge of German and/or of French is an asset
- Affinity for working in an agile and fast-changing environment
- Ability to manage complex situations under tight schedule.
Andrii Makrushyn Makrushyn@gfa-group.de
Application by: 10 Oct, 2022