Helvetas is an organization specialized in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
As per May 2023, we are looking for an innovative regional or international
Team Leader Skills Development (F/M) – 100%
Based in BISHKEK / Kyrgyzstan
The recruitment is subject to a tender released by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
SDC has tendered a new program in Kyrgyzstan ‘Skills Development in Kyrgyzstan’ (SDK). The program aims to establish and institutionalize short-term skills development mechanism nationwide, aimed at upskilling and reskilling working-age population (with focus on youth, incl. young women) and based on private sector needs.
With a focus on continuous education to develop short term upskilling and reskilling mechanism, the programme includes the following elements:
- Employment (and business) associations jointly with other actors identify training needs, assist in developing training curricula and play a key role in exams/tests.
- Private, state and non-state providers organize and conduct short-term upskilling/reskilling trainings based on private sector needs.
- Policy environment is (made) more conducive to skills development.
- Youth and women are supported through job market mechanisms that will be developed.
The preparation (inception) phase lasting from May 2023 to October 2023 will be succeeded by a four-year of implementation phase from Nov. 2023 to Oct. 2027 (subject to approval)
Inception phase: Your main responsibility is to form a team in Bishkek, develop the programme in cooperation with Helvetas head office, partners and SDC, conduct several studies, research and analysis during a 6-month inception phase resulting in an established project team, a sound concept and a comprehensive Project Document developed.
Main phase: Your main responsibility is to lead the overall management of the programme through high quality project implementation, including administrative and financial supervision and coordination with partners and stakeholders. You will provide high quality strategic steering and technical support and coordination through trainings/workshops and continuous informal coaching and advice. You will also ensure the development and strengthening of the monitoring and results measurement (MRM) system of the programme, as well as knowledge management for steering, accountability and learning. Your tasks in administrative and financial supervision will ensure that the programme complies with organisational administrative requirements and procedures, including time registration, reporting and controlling needs, preparation of financial statements with partners and other relevant requirements for a successful project implementation. You will ensure cooperation and coordination with other projects supported by Switzerland as well as other projects funded by other donors in the area of vocational skills development. You will foster a facilitative approach of the programme.
- Academic degree (Master or equivalent) in skills development, economics, education, pedagogy, development studies or related social science.
- At least 10 years of experience in in skills development, VET and related thematic areas (including, migration, engagement with government authorities, civil society organizations, business/employers’ associations, trade unions, private sector, VET/higher education and government authorities).
- Demonstrated managerial and social competences and experience in managing and coordinating complex vocational skills development and/or job creation programmes of comparable size and scope.
- Proven track record in cooperating with a large number of stakeholders and in strengthening the capacities of key local partners, preferably through an on-systems approach.
- Complementary experiences for ensuring sustainability of the project results.
- Professional experience working in one of the Central Asia/CIS countries, preferably in Kyrgyzstan
- Proven track record in cooperating with a large number of stakeholders and in strengthening / building capacities of key partners
- Strong managerial skills, including result-oriented management, strategic planning, human resources management and financial management skills. Strong experience in steering and mentoring, capacity to anticipate issues and identify forward-looking solutions
- Excellent skills in reporting, interpersonal, communication and intercultural competencies
- Excellent English language capacities (oral and written) to compile and supply the project results, reporting and documentation in English. Russian or Kyrgyz language skills are a strong asset.
WE OFFER YOU
A contract of two years, with possibility of extension. The position is for both, inception phase and implementation phase.
Attractive working conditions and a satisfactory and challenging job in a multicultural team.
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by December 4, 2022. Please send your application via our online recruiting portal.
For additional information, please contact Bruno Poitevin (Bruno.firstname.lastname@example.org), Regional Coordinator or visit our websites www.helvetas.org / www.helvetas.org/en/kyrgyzstan.