NRC in Germany
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 35 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NRC Flüchtlingshilfe Deutschland was established in Berlin in 2017 to raise funds for NRC's overseas programmes and engage with German donors, parliamentary committees, and peer non-governmental organisations.
For our Berlin office, we are looking, starting from 01.02.2023, for a new Grants Coordinator (m/f/d) for initially 2 years (with possibility of extension).
What you will do:
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Grants Coordinator position is to provide grant management support and to maintain a help desk on donor related issues within the organisation.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and consideration of NRC global and regional strategies when executing functions related to this role
- Develop and maintain overview of grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents, related to German institutional donors
- Support development and revision of concept notes, funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Ensure donor compliance and quality control at all stages of the project cycle as well as professional communication with donors
- Contribute to improving internal grant management systems and donor mappings, updating of donor factsheets
- Provide an internal helpdesk on grant related issues
- Contribute to the development and distribution of internal reports
- Ensure the update and support the development of training and capacity building materials
- Support the Senior Institutional Partnership Advisor in the provision of training and facilitation of trainings if needed
- Coordination and networking with other relevant stakeholders in the humanitarian sector
- Supervision of Interns if applicable
Specific donor responsibilities
- German institutional donors and German foundations
What you will bring:
- Between 3-4 years of experience in working with the German FFO as a donor and other German donors
- Relevant experience with project management in the humanitarian sector
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Native language level German and excellent written and oral communication skills in English, additional languages desirable
- Above average computer skills
- Right to live and work in Germany
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience
- Knowledge of German donors – in particular FFO - including strategic priorities, organizational setup, and funding mechanisms, is a clear advantage
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do
- To be innovative with our solutions
- To act as one unified and inclusive team
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the beneficiaries that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity to work with our dynamic and highly motivated international team, dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee
- A 2-year fulltime contract (extension possible) with Berlin as the primary duty station
- Salary and benefits according to NRC Germany’s salary scale and terms and conditions in the location of employment
- An opportunity to participate in the development of a growing office
- Hybrid working policy (with home office options)
- BVG-Job ticket
- Flexible working hours
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
Did we attract your attention? Then please send a CV and motivation letter, with your earliest starting date specified to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 16.12.2022