Helvetas Intercooperation gGmbH (Helvetas Germany) is a small German Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) based in Bonn. It has been established in 2013 and is rooted in the tradition and experience of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation.
Helvetas works in Asia, Africa and Latin America and contributes to poverty reduction through targeted development projects. Our politically and denominationally neutral NGO puts particular emphasis on helping people to help themselves, promoting women and girls in particular, and encouraging sustainable natural resource management. Our core activities are improving access to clean water, food security, education and income generation.
Currently Helvetas Germany is looking for a result-oriented, innovative and engaging personality as
Programme Manager f/m/d 80-90%
Based in Bonn, Germany
- General project monitoring; back up the correct implementation of mandates
- Maintain dossiers of projects, provide adequate documentation overview
- Support local colleagues in reporting
- Communication with donors, representation of organization at events
- Organize and coordinate acquisition processes
- Research the German and EU donor landscape and proactively identify funding opportunities (esp. Grants) for Helvetas Germany
- Support the Director in the development of donor strategies, esp. BMZ, AA, BMU, EU
- Support with daily administrative affairs of HGE and work within & improve office and collaboration processes
- Support with organization of occasional events
- Project support visits in our partner countries (appr. once per year)
- You have an academic degree (Master or equivalent) in a relevant field related to international cooperation and/or a post-graduate diploma (IDOS, SLE, NADEL)
- You have acquired at least 3 years of experience working in development cooperation. Working experience in countries of the Global South is a distinguished asset
- You have experience in the acquisition and management of (German and/or European) donor funded projects.
- You possess strong organizational skills and the ability to adequately handle multiple demands as well as to set priorities and to consider the bigger picture when assessing issues
- You are able to work independently and within intercultural teams, have excellent communication skills with the goal to promote a culture of effective, change-oriented learning, sensitivity for gender & social equity and the local cultures.
- You possess excellent spoken and written English & German skills, any other language is an asset.
WE OFFER YOU
- A permanent 80-90% position as of August 2023
- Attractive working conditions in a small and dynamic team in Bonn with flexible and family friendly working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Fair salary
- 28 paid leave days/year (based on 100% employment)
- Possibilities for further education
We look forward to receiving your complete application in English including motivation letter, CV, work certificates and diplomas by April 14th, 2023. Please indicate your salary expectations (based on 100% / 12 calendar months). Please send your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information please visit our website www.helvetas.de.