We make the world a little better...
as a leading European consulting company working in international development cooperation.
Since 1982, we have implemented numerous projects and studies in over 130 countries, focusing on
topics of global importance. We are dedicated to improving people’s lives around the world and providing
technical advisory services to state and non-state actors. We promote sustainability in our international
projects as well as at our headquarters in Hamburg because we contribute to achieving the
world’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Our multinational and multicultural team of professionals is at the heart of our success.
The recruitment and long-term binding of suitable experts for tender and projects through proactive approach and regular contact with the experts of our on-going projects is one of the essential tasks in our business and a prerequisite for our success.
For our Recruitment Department we are now looking for an experienced Recruitment Specialist (m/f/d) in international cooperation
As part of the GFA Recruitment Department and in close collaboration with our colleagues in the technical department, the responsibilities of the Recruitment Specialist comprise the following tasks:
- You will be responsible for the expert search and address candidates proactively by world-wide sourcing and identifying of suitable experts, especially in the French speaking Africa.
- You will work closely and regularly liaise with the technical departments in order to understand the particular technical and procedural aspects of its business.
- You will maintain intensive contact (telephone, video calls, email, etc.) with the experts working in our on-going projects thus developing a sustainable experts’ network.
- You will be the expert’s first entry point for his/her professional growth within our department or GFA as a whole
- You will understand the needs of the Experts in relation with their work, especially their further development needs and discuss these with the technical department.
- You are ready to travel to our projects’ beneficiary countries on the occasion of special events organized by the technical department (i.e. Donors’ and Experts’ conferences), and co-organize them
- Completed university degree related to human resources development, development cooperation or social science is preferred
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in recruiting or/and in the context of development cooperation or related tasks especially in the area of finances
- Knowledge in the field of international personnel recruitment and acquisition is desirable
- Strong ability to develop a strategy for building, maintaining, and fostering expert relationships
- Communication skills, quick perception and flexibility are your strengths
- Very good language skills in spoken and written English and French, knowledge of another language (Spanish and/or German) is advantageous
- Confident handling of the common MS Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Experience in working with databases is a strong advantage
- Ability to maintain an overview and meet deadlines even in busy periods
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) per e-mail to
Liliana Tiedt: email@example.com