For our new Regional Hub Latin America, located in Ecuador, the Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. International Assistance, is looking for a
Regional PMEAL Coordinator Latin America (f/m/d)
2 Years Contract (with possible extension)
Organisation Description: Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarter is in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting projects in Health and Livelihoods with a specific focus on climate change and gender equality worldwide.
In order to deliver its 2027 strategy, Johanniter International Assistance (JIA) will strengthen its programme quality across the organisation as well as further develop its global support-operating model. To this end, strengthening PMEAL capacities at country office level will be a key priority over the coming years.
In cooperation with the global Strategy & Learning team, the national Program Teams in Ecuador and Colombia and with local partner organisations, the Regional Planning Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator supports the development and implementation of the PMEAL strategy and plan in Latin America, in line with the international PMEAL strategy of Johanniter International Assistance and the respective donor requirements.
What you will do:
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Set up a PMEAL system at Country Office and regional level (operational and strategic), aligned with JIA requirements and overall PMEAL system as well as donor requirements
- Set up a Monitoring and Evaluation mechanism at project level, including accountability to affected population mechanisms, aligned with JIA requirements and overall PMEAL system and specific donor requirements
- Guide program staff as well as Johanniter partner organisations in regular project based PMEAL processes
- Contribute on project applications, monitoring systems, report to donors and feedback mechanisms and ensured clean PMEAL methodology in Project Proposals
- Plan and coordinate internal and external evaluations, baseline and impact studies, design and supervise assessments
- Ensure documentation and sharing of lessons learnt to strengthen impact oriented monitoring
- Set up, manage and maintain the development of a knowledge management system at Country Office and regional level
- As an active part of the Global PMEAL team actively participate in regular calls
- In close coordination with Program and Project Managers, support the project implementation plans
- Conduct trainings, workshops and webinars for Johanniter staff, on the introduction of the Johanniter Planning guideline, needs assessments, quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, theory of change, participatory PMEAL approaches such as Outcome Mapping and Most Significant Change as well as other PM&E-relevant topics, on accountability mechanisms and for specific ad hoc needs
- Conduct PMEAL trainings for local partner organisations in close cooperation with the global Strategy and Learning team
What you bring:
- Advanced degree in social sciences, international development, humanitarian assistance or other relevant fields
- Minimum 5 years work experience in PMEAL for development cooperation or humanitarian assistance; good understanding of working with local NGOs, CBOs and grass root organizations
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative and qualitative PMEAL approaches, especially Outcome Mapping and Theory of Change, as well as in conducting trainings for field staff on PMEAL, Gender-Power- and Context Analysis, Conflict Analysis and Do No Harm approach
- Demonstrated experiences of carrying out quantitative and qualitative surveys as well as in remote monitoring
- High level of knowledge and skills of data visualization and presentation
- Experience in facilitating workshops and trainings
- Experience in designing and facilitating participative process with diverse groups
- Ability to assess complex strategic challenges and develop approaches to solutions
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with good understanding of motivating and working with cross-cultural teams
- Works independently but also cooperatively with team members
- Proven experience in data collection, processing and analysis, solid control of data col-lection mechanisms (such as Kobo Toolbox)
- Full working proficiency in English and Spanish
- Conflict sensitive and result-oriented management skills and experience.
- Experience and skills in positive leadership and building staff capacity
- Safety and security sensitivity and awareness
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Structured work mode
- Strong team player with excellent social skills and high levels of cultural sensitivity
- Willingness to work in a volatile context
What we offer:
Remuneration: Competitive attractive salary (Johanniter AVR DWBO Annex Johanniter internal tariff)
Benefits: 13th cheque, social security, medical insurance; 30 days annual leave; flexible working hours, friendly and appreciative working atmosphere
If this is what you are looking for, please submit your application via email@example.com (cover letter, CV, reference contacts of 3 former supervisors, job certificates if available), stating your earliest start date and Please indicate “Regional PMEAL Coordinator Latin America” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Deadline for applications: 13.06.2023
Interviews planned for: 23.06. – 14.07.2023
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, irrespective of cultural, religious, social background, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
We have a flat structure in a self-reliant working environment, which we develop further worldwide through our participative leadership culture.
Please note that this position is unaccompanied.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please note Johanniter requires background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks) to protect the vulnerable and prevent abuse.