Advisor (m/f/d) for Digital Social Protection
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
In times of multiple and overlapping crisis, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) attributes high importance to the development of inclusive and adaptive social protection systems. BMZ is committed to support the expansion of social protection around the globe and works closely with its multilateral and international partners towards achieving this goal. GIZ’s global programme “Global Alliances for Social Protection” supports this endeavor through (i) joint provision of a Digital Public Good (openIMIS), (ii) work on standard setting for interoperability in digital social protection (Digital Convergence Initiative), (iii) supporting finance mobilization for social protection (Global Shield and domestic resources), (iv) enhancing bi-multilateral cooperation and (v) supporting leadership development for social protection.Your tasks
- Identify and analyze interoperability interfaces and use cases in the social protection sector
- Contribute to development of technical standards for interoperability by providing technical guidance, templates and industry best practices with focus on privacy and data protection
- Participate in assessments for promoting interoperability of social protection information systems and support in implementation of standards in countries
- Support rapid prototyping of interoperability use cases in cloud-based sandbox environments
- Contribute to explorative studies and support the conceptualization and execution of events by the Digital Convergence Initiative
- Support in preparation of tender documents and monitor the performance of contracts
- Other tasks as requested by GIZ in relation to the above position
- University degree in informatics, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or in another subject area relevant for the position
- Long-standing professional experience and relevant expertise in implementation of IT projects
- Professional experience and relevant expertise as a business process analyst
- Professional experience in Information and Communications Technologies for Development (ICT4D) and/or digital solutions for health/social protection, with a specific focus on data protection and privacy
- Knowledge on Digital Public Goods, open-source software solutions and open standards
- Technical know-how of software applications e.g., web applications, databases, APIs, data standards and JSON schemas, integration architectures
- Experience of working with system architecture, design of solutions is an asset
- Team player but able to work independently; analytical, goal oriented, responsive, reliable, and confident in handling short deadlines
- Good in coordination with strong intercultural communication skills
- Effective operational proficiency language skills in German and English, French is an advantage
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
To ensure and further strengthen GIZ's ability to deliver, the willingness to operate in changing conditions in Germany as well as abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=69662