Advisor (m/f/d) for Green Hydrogen Project Development
App. w. professional exp. - TemporaryJob description
Since 2007, the global Project Development Programme (PDP) has been supporting the energy transition in the PDP partner countries through concrete project development and project initiations in the field of renewable energies, energy efficiency and since November 2021 with H2-PDP also in the field of green hydrogen. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Protection plans to continue its activities within the framework of the Energy Export Initiative in selected developing and emerging The project aims to contribute to decarbonization in the partner countries. PDP staff identify specific project partners from the industry in developing countries who would like to implement decarbonization measures and need advice for potential solutions. This project development includes data collection from the energy consumer, technical and economic evaluations of the data and contact initiation to European/German solution providers, which aim at effective and cost-efficient implementations of the decarbonization projects. Regionally, activities are concentrated on 15 countries in Southeast Asia, South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Middle East, with the focus on hydrogen currently in Ghana, Jordan, Kenya and Vietnam with the option of including other countries.Your tasks
- Develop techno-economic calculations of projects switching from grey to green hydrogen in developing countries across different industry sectors i.e. chemicals (in particular fertilizer), glass, steel, etc.
- Conduct techno-economic calculations along with potential risks and opportunities and further provide recommendations to mitigate the risks and capitalize on the opportunities
- Support the development and maintenance of standard processes and tools on the Power to X (PtX) and or green hydrogen project development as per best industry practices and in compliance with the latest regulations
- Advice colleagues, support internal learning sessions and act as a research and knowledge manager for the PtX and green hydrogen topics
- Strategy development, planning, and implementation of project development measures such as scouting for project opportunities focusing on renewable energy and transition from grey to green Hydrogen/Ammonia consumption in industry for specific target countries
- Responsible for the successful implementation of further PDP activities in one partner country including studies, workshops, and trainings
- An advanced degree in engineering, chemistry, or a related field of the PtX/hydrogen value chain
- Several years of experience in the industry using hydrogen or PtX
- Several years of experience in the field of financial modeling of renewable energy projects is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of energy simulation software, such as HOMER, EnergyPRO, PVSyst, and/or Matlab
- Data analysis and programming skills (e.g., Python, Julia, Power BI, MySQL, etc.) are advantageous
- Possess good technical knowledge of the different renewable energy technologies and the associated business models and financial aspects of renewable energy project development
- Business fluent in English; German skills are an advantage
This position is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
To ensure and further strengthen GIZ's ability to deliver, the willingness to operate in changing conditions in Germany as well as abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=71205